Happy New Year, y’all! 2013 is shaping up to be an exciting year. No BS! Brass just wrapped up recording an EP of music by Charles Mingus. You can expect release of that and our fourth full-length album and more goodness later this year. This Friday I’ll join some of my closest friends for RVA Solo Night at ForInstance Gallery and try out some new music for solo trombone. In March, I’ll be traveling to Doha, Qatar to take part in VCU’s Tasmeem Art and Design Conference where I’ll be collaborating with some stellar visual artists. In April I’ll be serving as one of two guest artists at the Mars Hill New Music Festival at Mars Hill College in Asheville, NC. The other guest artist is my good friend, Emily Hindrichs, an absolutely stunning coloratura soprano. I’ll be writing some new music for that meeting as well. There are exciting things in the works for Matthew E. White and Spacebomb but I can’t talk about all that just yet. Hope to see you around!
- @ValerieCatrow Me, too. Onward! 4 days ago
- @bexschmidt Thanks so much. 4 days ago
- The pandemic has forced school communities to make many difficult choices. I have chosen to resign from my positio… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Varsity Yoga: Pedagogy — Bryan Hooten How I personally deliver the experience and information, including differenc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @NewsHour: WATCH: Amanda Gorman, the youngest #inauguration poet in memory, reads “The Hill We Climb” to.pbs.org/3sFUmpw https://t… 6 days ago